We love that you love the work we do...so much so that the Garage is booked to capacity for 2013, so unfortunately we are unable to take any further enquiries for bike builds this year.
Welcome to the Custom Garage. Its a place where cool things happen & even cooler things are created! Sometimes youll even find Jimmy B jamming the blues or strumming a little bit of country between paint drying & installation.
We love the old-school influences and you will see a lot of it in our work.
So what is different about us?
Destino Custom Garage specialises in unique custom builds on metric cruisers. We can get you riding away on a 650cc which is learner legal in most Australian states or the harder hitting 1100cc powerplant. Infact, dont let that hold you back, custom engine work and performance modifications can get you riding whatever your heart desires!
- Performance & reliability; Bullet proof engines and solid japanese build quality -this means that you don't need to be a mechanic to own a custom bike. Our bikes handle well and are extremely reliable, in fact, we build them so that they can be ridden every day if you wish!
- They are current model production bikes; which means that you can get them serviced at almost any motorcycle service centre in the country, and parts are always available.
- Comfort; they have hidden monoshock suspension, which gives you the hardtail custom look. This means you can ride our bikes every day of the week without breaking your back..... and if you have ever owned a bike before, you will know that comfort is a MUST!
- Affordability; Our customised bikes are priced to suit your budget, you can have a custom bike designed and built for under $20,000 .... Destino has changed the rules by creating beautiful, timeless motorcycles that your 'Minister of Finance' will approve of..... after some careful persuasion. In fact, our completed 650cc Bobber is only $15,999 + GST Ride away.
- We use low kilometer or brand new bikes, or you can bring your bike to us. Destino is flexible enough to work with you.
At Destino, we don't employ a garage full of apprentices, in fact, it's just Jimmy B, Nik, Speedy and the Stig. We guarantee that you'll have a fun and personal experience (not some sales person who knows nothing), you'll speak directly with the guy building your bike, and we will take you through each step of the process.
Destino Custom Garage can also build Learner Legal (LAMS approved) Custom Motorcycles.
What Styles can we build?
Inhouse Custom Bike Design Service
Having your bike custom built should be an exciting time not a daunting one. For many of you, you already have an idea of what you like or want, but for others,you may not know where to start. Dont let that stop you heading down the custom path. Its our job here to extract as much detail from you as possible.
When we unveil a new bike to its new owner, its quite common to see grown men shed a tear. We can guarantee that we will exceed your expectations. When you purchase a Destino Custom Bike, you receive the Design service as part of your Experience.
* Practical setup features; including analysis of your height, arm length, reach to determine sitting position & base bike we use.
*Comfort & injury considerations; Knee, foot and back issues are all taken into consideration for your riding comfort. The correct bars, risers, grips, seat, seat height, foot peg positions
* Riding Style; Will it be an every day ride? an adventure bike? weekend trips? how many hours do you intend on using the bike each week? All these make a difference to the style of bike you should ride. It also makes a difference as to the various components that we choose to build your bike.
* Theme & paintwork; Each bike we produce tells a story about its owner & rider. The bikes paint can be as simple, or as detailed as you like. We have two inhouse painters. The Stig is a world class airbrush artist and specialises in phot realistic images. Destino's paint team is second to none.
A favourite car, colour, a particular era, family history... even your favourite beer.... Nik will guide you through the process customising your ride to exactly what you want.. even if you think you dont know what that is yet!
"One lesson I learned early on is that any time you make something, you're leaving behind a relic of who and what you were at that moment in your life. Later, you're bound to encounter some of these relics of your past and when you do, you will have to own up to who you were at that time.
This realisation taught me the Commitment to Excellence in everything we create here in the garage" Jimmy B
We have the following services available to our custom bike customers;
- Custom paint and Airbrush
- CNC and machining services
- Motorcycle Design services
- Wheel building, lacing and truing